- Staff gains experience in a different work environment
- Exchanges of staff to develop careers combining scientific excellence with exposure to other sectors
The exchange of staff, including blue collar, researcher or professors, between academics and non-academics for a short or longer period, as a goal to return to the sending organization with gained knowledge and experience. The schemes can be defined bilateral or between multiple parties.
- Research and Innovation Staff Exchange (RISE)
- Innovation mandates (VLAIO - Flanders)
- Fellowships for professors to join industry
Exchanges of staff to develop careers combining scientific excellence with exposure to other sectors.
- Sending organization
- Hosting agreement
- IP agreement
- Clearly defined projects
- Time constraints and obligation at the sending organization (courses to teach, ongoing projects)
- Personal constraints (family)
KU Leuven - Noise and Vibration Research Group, Celestijnenlaan 300B, 3001 Leuven, Belgium